Moving into an assisted living community is an important decision. If your parent or loved one is considering residential assisted living in Pueblo West, there are important items to consider to aid them in their search for their next home. With many care options available, it can be difficult to decide which is the right choice. When researching communities, consider these important items to determine the best assisted living home for your loved one.
- Provides Assistance with ADL’s (Activities of Daily Life). Everyday tasks can become harder as we age. Most residential assisted living communities in CO offer support with activities of daily life to include bathing, dressing, medication management and other needs in a respectful, compassionate manner. Losing independence and accepting help with these activities can be difficult often leaving seniors feeling vulnerable. A reputable, quality residential assisted living facility provides professionally trained caregivers who treat residents with dignity, allowing them to feel safe, valued and empowered.
- Promotes Independence. A fear among seniors considering an assisted living facility is losing their independence and autonomy. Residential assisted living is a great option as it provides a balance between independent living and personal, individualized care. Consider additional services the community provides like transportation which would enable your loved one to maintain medical appointments and participate in activities and outings.
- Offers Safety Features. As a family caregiver, other responsibilities like work and children may not allow you to care for your loved one 24/7 as you’d like. If your loved one lives alone, you may be worrying about their safety as their mobility declines. Selecting a residential assisted living facility that provides 24-hour on-site caregiver support and adapted living spaces which promotes safety and supports mobility will put your mind at ease.
- Provides maintenance free living. In addition to ADL support, cooking and cleaning can also become more difficult as we age. A residential care home can provide freshly prepared, home cooked meals ensuring proper nutrition as well as daily housekeeping to ensure a safe, clean and clutter-free environment. These services not only improve the quality of life of aging adults, it is also critical to supporting mental and physical health.
- Offers a variety of activities and programs. Many residential assisted living facilities offer varying programs for residents to participate in daily. From music, art and pet therapy to classes which promote spiritual or physical health, communities like Columbine Chateau provide an array to meet the varying interests of residents. A diverse activities program enhances cognition, physical health and promotes socialization.
- Provides value added amenities. Assisted living communities provide varying amenities that enhance the quality of life of their residents. These amenities like salon or spa services allow residents to remain at the community freeing up time to enjoy other programs and activities without the need for travel. Whether its outings paid for by the community or a garden, consider features your loved one would enjoy that would enhance their quality of life.
Residential assisted living is a great care option for aging adults who need assistance with daily life in a home like environment with the safety, features, services, and amenities designed to promote and enhance a great quality of life. To learn more about Columbine Chateau and how we can help your loved one, contact us today!